Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Blood, Sweat, Tears....and PLASMA!!

Apparently, I was dehydrated ;)
This journey has been beautiful, exciting and exhausting. We started our adoption journey over a year ago and specifically for Owen right at a year ago. It has been full of tears, happy ones and sad ones and just plain I'm exhausted ones. We have fundraised more than I ever knew I could. Our most successful one so far has been our shoe drive through Angel Bins, and thats where the sweat and blood come in because it was dead middle of summer when it ended, haha !

Yesterday I donated Plasma for the first time in my life. We got this flyer in the mail about donating and they had increased the bonus for donating as a first time donor. So we are now $70 closer to our $12k goal to the finish line ! I did a little math and if my husband and I both donate twice a week until March (when we expect to travel for pick up trip) We will earn almost $2,000 which is enough to cover our final international fee !

You certainly wont get rich by donating Plasma, and the wait time is killer, I was there almost 6 hours ! But something is better than nothing and right now Its an option to help us get one step closer to bringing Little Man home.

The other day we received an order for 20 Christmas ornaments, and they shipped out yesterday ! Both of those things combined have given almost what we need for Owens Visa home. Just 6 more ornaments and his Visa is paid for ! If you would like to order an ornament, they are $10 each. Just leave me message with what you want and I will ship it out to you as soon as its finished !

March seems really far away when I am waiting to bring home our sweet little guy. But it seems so close when I consider that we still need about $12,000 to complete our adoption. Right now I am keeping my faith in God, that he will provide a way for Owen to come home. He wouldnt bring us to this adoption, just to leave us stranded in the middle. He is faithful, always.

Heres some photos of me donating yesterday !
It didn't hurt as bad as I thought !



Some people have asked about the remaining adoption fees and this is where we are:
Final international fee ($2,000)
Hosting-will include apartment, translator and transportation ($4600)
Post placement fees ($1400)
Visa for Owen to come home ($325)--almost covered--
Estimated expenses for airfare and in country expenses are about $4500

Plasma^ :)
We have applied to a few more grants and we are waiting to hear back from them. Please continue to pray that at least one of them will come through for us. Please specifically pray that when the time comes that we will have exactly what we need to complete our adoption.

Our thermometer is adjusted to reflect the plasma money and our ornaments order.  We still have a ways to go! Today is #GivingTuesday , so if you feel led to help us bring home Owen we would so super appreciate any donation made. Literally every $1 adds up.

Thank you for taking the time to read <3








2 comments: