Sunday, January 31, 2016

Just waiting for travel dates ! :)

Wow! Where do I even begin? January 1 we needed $11,500 to be fully funded. We have received donations and grants all month long. We have worked over time and donated plasma a few times. Last night I was told someone wanted to bless us with the remaining agency fees ($250). She is sending the check to Reece's rainbow tomorrow and by the end of this week our agency should receive it. Our agency fees are completely paid !

We are still waiting to hear from little man's country as to when our court date is. We expect to hear from them by next week, and court is usually scheduled about 10 days later -sometimes a little longer out. We still need to raise the remaining $3500 to be fully funded. This amount with cover our airfare, food, and orphanage donation while we are there. We have a goal to donate 25 bottles of hand sanitizer, 30 wipes and to purchase some diapers while in country. If you would like to help with this donation please donate to our FSP or our PayPal donation link.

We have contemplated our orphanage donation for awhile, I mean how do we say thank you for raising our child for 5 years u til we could get there ? Nothing seems adequate enough but I believe these items will be beneficial for them. His orphanage is run on nothing but donations so they appreciate all the help they get !

This month is going to be so exciting, and stressful. We are still getting everything ready for our trip. And I decided that I wanted to make 45 freezer meals to have for when we return. Having them ready and justing having to throw dinner in the crock pot each morning will be such a blessing. It will be one less thing to worry about and give us more time to bond with Owen. So don't mind me, I'll just be slaving away in my kitchen until we leave :)

$3500. Just a few weeks. And at the end, we get to welcome the newest little Mcbride and we are so excited! Ethan is so excited to have his brother home. He keeps reminding me that "Owen should be home" "why is it taking so long" "I just want my Owen to be home already". He has the sweetest little heart and I know that he will be the best big brother to Owen. <3

Thank you,friends!!!! We have come so far and we couldn't have done it without your help!!! Officially racing to the finish line!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment