Friday, January 29, 2016

We have our NVC numbers !!!

By now anyone that knows me knows that patience is not a virtue I possess. So when we got our provisional approval and it was sent to the National Benefits Center for processing we were told that we needed to wait 10-12 days before calling to get our numbers. I waited 7. I called and they let me know that they had received it and gave me some numbers, I asked if those were the numbers I needed to send to our agency and was told no. They said to call back he next day or Friday and I should have the right numbers. So I called the next day as soon as they opened. I was given the same information and asked the question, but this time I was told those were the numbers our agency needed. Yay !!!!!!!

I quickly sent an email to our agency, and waited for 9am to call them. I gave them our numbers and they will be filing our DS260 form (aka Little Mans VISA!!). The National Benefits Center has sent our file over to the embassy for processing. They will issue our article 5, and that is when we will get travel dates !!! Travel dates are generally about 10 days out from the time they issue it. This process should take about 4 weeks, but based on other families timelines usually only takes about 2.

All of this to say that we are just a few weeks away from bringing little Owen home !!! We are planning for 24 days (2 weeks for everything to process + 10 days waiting for court), but realize it "could" take about 4 weeks total before we travel. So far we have moved relatively fast through the end of this process so I am hoping we will continue moving at this speed for the remainder.

Big news !! Our FSP has gotten some love, and we are just $473.01 away from paying our agency !!! Our agency bill was due over a week ago, and while they have been patient and understanding I am sure they would like to be paid for their services ;) Will you help us get there?

I will post an updated board shortly-- we are so close to giving away a $75 Visa Gift Card !!!

We still have so many puzzle pieces ! For a donation of any amount I will put your name on the back of a piece which will hang in Owens room.

And we have TWO shirts left ! A grey and red both in size Medium ! $25 each to our fsp gets them shipped straight to your door !!!

Thank you, friends. Without your help we couldn't have made it this far ! We are so close to having him home forever !!! Our immediate need is $473.01. After that is travel expenses which we are estimating at about $3500. Which means to be FULLY FUNDED we only need $3,973.01 !!!

Can you believe that ? When we committed to making Owen our son in November 2014, we needed $30,000+ to bring him home !!! We are down to just $3,971 to bring him home !!! Gods faithfulness and timing are so perfect !!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment