Thursday, January 21, 2016

We have our provisional approval!!!

Yesterday we got our provisional approval from USCIS ! Now our article 16 is being sent to the national benefits center for approval which is when we will get our NVC numbers.  These numbers will be sent to little man's country to issue his visa , then TRAVEL DATES! This process should take about 4 weeks. But based on other families experience will probably only be about 2 weeks! This means we will be picking up Owen in about 4-6 weeks!!!! We are so so so excited ! We need to pay our final agency fee, after our matching grant is applied to our FSP we still need $825. Technically our fee is due tomorrow, but we will have to pay it a little late because we don't have it yet. After it is paid we need to come up with about $3500 for airfare/travel expenses!

This is so  amazing. We started this process with needing over $30,000 and now its down to just a few thousand ! This is so doable, God has moved so many mountains for us. I feel like so many things have gone wrong, but overall everything is falling into place. His perfect timing , even when I feel like we are moving at snails pace.

Our living room is almost finished ! We will be so happy to have our house back in order :) last week while I was driving a rock flew up and cracked our windsheild. Fantastic. Then this morning as I was getting ready to take Ethan to school I couldn't get the door to open on my van. It was completely frozen shut. My husband came out to help, and broke the handle off my van. He's either the hulk or wreck it Ralph ;) I am just going with the theory that if it CAN break or go wrong, it WILL in the next 4 weeks! Ha-ha.

Seriously friends, please pray nothing else happens. All of these "little" bumps are costing us money we can't really afford to spend at such a crucial time in the process.

And for added measure, we are all battling some icky cold or something. It's so fun having a child in school ;)

Just two more days of my fast! I will be back on Facebook Saturday!!! I can not wait. I realized that I don't "need" Facebook to keep me busy. But it was also a realization that almost all of our support system is through social media. I miss being able to talk to other families, and I miss being able to check in on our friends traveling. I also realized it was our biggest avenue if sharing fundraisers and stuff. I'll be excited to be back on:)

So in short, we expect to get travel dates in about 2 weeks and to travel about 2-3 weeks after that!!!!! The finish line is in sight!!! My heart is so happy that we are finally so close to having our sweet boy again, this time forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment